Sunday, August 16, 2009

Wk 9.....15 and counting...pounds not kids!!

So we started off his 9th week at our neighbors 30th wedding anniversary party across the street. We asked Maggie (potential nanny at the time) to babysit Drew and by the time she showed up Sat night, we were ready to offer her a full time job. We are so excited to have her be part of our family now, she will come over M-F in the morning and stay till we get home from work. We are still working out all the details but she and Drew will grow to be great friends. She might have thought we were a bit crazy with mommy and daddy's first night out, not driving, full night sleeping child.....we definitely had more than our fair share of fun.

Monday began with our 2 month doctor appt ----Drew is a whopping 15 lbs and 25 in long - yes, he is off the charts - I think it looks something like around 102% - carrying him around is getting harder and harder with my back.....this is just the beginning. He is still gaining almost a lb a week (vs. 1 lb per 2 wks on average) and gaining about 1/2 inch a week in length. He is wearing 6-9 month clothes due to his length but has plenty of room for growth horizontally (unlike his parents :)). Doc says we are doing great and making great progress.

This is the first week that John and I have had at home without company - it was a nice change of pace although I came close to climbing the walls by mid week. We had lunch with Drew's playdate, Jorja and her mom, Autumn (a couple we met in child birth class - Jorja was born 2 wks after Drew) - they started at the same weight but Drew is fastly passing Jorja in her dainty ways. We went to my office on Tuesday to check in before my 1st day back on Thursday. Shelly watched Drew for a bit while I sat in on a state of the business meeting and then we headed for our rounds....the Market Logistics Manager meeting, the office girls (Andrea, Sally and Tracy) and various others....we stopped by to see Sara as well - here is a pic - Drew was an angel all day - we wore him out because he slept from 8:30 to 8:30 - 12 hours!!!! WOO HOO!!!!

We managed to duplicate his sleeping pattern for the rest of the week - I think we have a I headed back to work, this was a much needed schedule enhancer. John took vacation on Thursday and Friday to watch Drew while I headed to work. He called me the first day to let me know that the 'boys' were out running errands and that Drew let John know that he was having a great time with his Dad and Mommy didn't need to worry. It was hard going back but I enjoyed being back in the swing of things - kind of nice to see all the systems I put in place working when I came back.

Between Thursday and Friday, John and Drew hit every man shop there was, Hhgregg (electronics), Bestbuy, Lowes, Home Depot, Microcenter and Walmart......good grief - just don't teach him how to spend money like you, Daddy!!! J did great and Drew is still breathing :). We finished up the week at a bbq for a Give Back Cincinnati peep. Whew!!! Here is a quick video of Drew talking....sorry for all the extra air time - for some reason he doesn't understand his cues yet :).

1 comment:

  1. Hey Amy it's Ricky Silva from Folgers I just spoke to Danny he said you had a baby. I didn't believe it he told me you had a blog with pics. The baby is cute congratulations. Looks like everything is going great on your end. email is talk to you later.