Sunday, September 6, 2009

Wk 10-12....The beginning of a beautiful relationship!

So this will be the last of the week updates I believe, I think we might move to 'moment' updates or perhaps month updates! Life is just passing too quickly and I can barely keep up :).

When we started Wk 10, Baba came to visit (J's mom) - she was here to help out while I got back started at work 3 days that week. They played, read books (lots and lots of books), went on walks and ate and ate and ate. His favorite board book is 'Freight Train' - he seems to really enjoy the colors although I think he just enjoys Baba reading to him the most. I don't have alot of pictures because Baba captured most of them on her camera and I have yet to get copies. Drew played so hard one day we couldn't keep him up for dinner :). He is still sleeping thru the night though about 11-12 hours - 8:30pm to about 8am....good times. What an angel! We are so spoiled!

We ran errands on the weekend and at Sam's club they had a 'mini shower' set up so John pretended he was showering in it.....he is so big he fits in his own shower :). Barb went antiquing while we hit a few other stores. It was back to work on Wk 11 and another exciting moment for Drew - OUR NANNY STARTED WORK - Maggie. She just loves Drew so much, they sing, dance and play at our house. She came over for the week during different parts of the day to learn about Drew's schedule.



While Maggie was here, Barb and I got a chance to run to the mall and do some shopping which was a nice change of pace since all Barb had seen in Cincinnati was the inside of our house :(. We went to the book store, with the expert Librarian I was sure to get the right books.

When Barb had finished making all of John's favorite dishes it was time for her to leave. Baba said goodbye but we will see her in a month when we go to Iowa for the Iowa/Iowa St. football game.

We are up and running on Skype now so we get on regularly to see family members (Nana, Auntie Lala, GG, Uncle Jeffy, Auntie Angie (I need to come up with names for them yet) and Cousin Madeline).

We started Drew on 1/3 formula in Wk 11 - I am starting to move him to the bottle and fazing out my pumps at work first. It really hasn't been bad trying to feed him and work but I would like some time to have my body back before we try for another kiddo and I am starting to travel more for work and family and we want a little bit of freedom. With the freezer stash we will keep him on some sort of formula mix for about another month we think and the pediatrician told us he will start solids by then as well.

We have now moved to 50/50 formula for Wk 12 - he hit his growth spurt this week and is eating us out of house and home - a couple of HUGE blowouts :) and staying awake more and more during the day. He has days were he sleeps all night and day and then days where he sleeps maybe 15 minutes :). I am back at work fulltime now - I decided to go for it with Maggie at home and this way I can save some vacation for the holidays. John traveled all week for work so it was just Maggie, Drew and I and my first full week at work.....a bit stressful......I made it, but barely :).

I had a friend over for wine by Thursday night and we sat out on the back porch with Drew - he enjoyed playing on his playmat - he is about to start rolling over - he goes but his arm gets stuck under him so a few more weeks and he will be there. Here is a cute video of him......he loves 'zurberts' on his belly.



This fall gets busy and we are on the move alot - stay tuned for the craziness!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment