Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Wk 28 - One Meltdown down, many more to go....






So I have put this off forever - I would have been on last week (every 2 wks) but I had a pregnancy meltdown during the picture taking when John started laughing at me.....so, we waited a week and have new news to share. My hormones are out of control and he can't walk a straight line without me freaking out :).






We are in Wk 28 - here is a pic of my belly. Andrew is growing quickly - we aren't to the point where they tell my baby will be larger than life but the books say we are around 2.5 lbs and over 15 in. long. (my bet, all legs). It is getting warmer here and I am trying to find clothes to wear that still keep me cool during the day.....thank goodness for Target Maternity.






We have also finished the Drew's room and are just waiting for the furniture to get here - they say within the next few weeks. I finished the touch-ups on the paint for Curious George on the wall and painted that 'billiard green' but the best part was hanging the border - it took all of 15 minutes - the peel and stick is definitely the way to go. You can see the different pics close up and then the overall on one side with the wall across showing George being wisked away with Balloons.


I have added in all of the pics - A bit overboard but you guys are asking for the close-ups - although, don't look too close, you will see my pencil and pen marks :).










I was in Dallas the wknd of the 14th of March, Mom, Laura, and Erin all threw me a baby shower (with Cheryl's help). It was so great to see old friends and some of mom's friends that have known me since I was little. They were all so gracious with the gifts and thanks to an additional suitcase I was able to get it all back. Laura kept putting her mouth on my belly and talking to Drew - pretty entertaining but I am not sure what Drew thought.




I had to take a picture of the Texas Gift I got - it is a diaper cake with a Texas Longhorn blanket wrapped around the bottom layer and then pacifier/pacifier holder up the side and then on top is the Texas Longhorn sippy cup. That Jennifer Jones is so talented and creative.


The girls here are throwing me a shower this weekend and John's mom and sister are making the long drive in from Iowa as well as my good friend from highschool, Heidi, who is coming in from Michigan.


I am looking forward to sitting out on the back porch in the sunny weather visiting and enjoying the company.


John has worked very hard on the outside of the house this past week - over 75 bags of mulch and close to 130 bags of top soil as well as about 14 plants to landscape the side of the house.....it is starting to look like there isn't four dogs living in this house out back.


Well - that should do it for now, I will try and take pics this weekend at the shower.

















3 comments:

  1. yes well, i talked to drew in your belly so he knows who i am when he comes out....duh!!

    love laura

    i have been waiting for u to post...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the nursery! You've got some skills, girl! Keep the posts coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy!

    Congratulations! Andrew's room looks amazing! Curious George was an excellent choice. I couldn't be happier for you! I hope to see you sometime in the future =)

    Keep in touch,

    Morgan Davis

    ReplyDelete